Biogenesis™ Fertility Lubricant was developed with the help of leading scientists - highly effective as a lubricant and revolutionary in the ways it supports vaginal health without impeding sperm movement. Sensual, long-lasting, and hypoallergenic, BioGenesis is the first fertility-friendly lube that's paraben-free and includes magnesium and calcium ions to support your fertility journey.
- Supports Sperm Health - Does Not Impede Sperm Movement
- Magnesium & Calcium Ions Added to Support Conception
- No Parabens, Petrochemicals, or Glycerin
- Water-based with Hydroxyethylcellulose that Does Not Impede Sperm Movement.
- Closely Mimics Natural Feminine Moisture
- Research-Based, Patent-Pending Formula
- FDA Cleared Through Rigorous Testing
- 100% Isotonic and Paraben Free.
- Safe for Use with Silicone, Latex and Polyisoprene Toys & Condoms
- pH Rating: 3.8 - 4.2
- Osmolality Rating: 300 - 400 mOsmol/kg
Is Biogenesis™ Fertility Lubricant safe for use during pregnancy?
- Yes, BioGenesis is safe to use during pregnancy.
- All Good Clean Love water-based personal lubricants (including Almost Naked, BioNude, BioGenesis, and Restore vaginal moisturizer) are tested for condom compatibility and are safe to use with latex and polyisoprene condoms.
Is the Biogenesis™ Fertility Lubricant sperm safe?
- Yes, BioGenesis is sperm safe. It is the first fertility lubricant that uses gentle buffering action to simultaneously maintain healthy vaginal pH and support sperm motility. BioGenesis is the only trying to conceive (TTC) lubricant on the market that is paraben-free and contains calcium and magnesium ions to support fertility. It is compatible with sperm, oocytes, and embryos, and is recommended for use while trying to conceive. Consult your physician for use with fertility interventions.
Are there any studies looking at sperm survival and mobility after using Good Clean Love Biogenesis™ Fertility Lubricant?
- BioGenesis is scientifically formulated to support every phase of conception; it has undergone rigorous testing and is recommended by OB/GYNs to support fertility. As an FDA 510K cleared product, several testing methods are employed for biocompatibility. These tests provide evidence that the lubricant will be compatible with gametes, embryos, and fertilization.
All of these tests have been performed on BioGenesis Fertility Lubricant as required by the FDA for clearance as a gamete, fertilization, and embryo compatible lubricant to show that it is safe for TTC couples; our product has passed all required testing.
Additionally, scientific research has shown that magnesium and calcium ions, like those found in BioGenesis, support the fertility process and enhance the viability and motility of sperm. BioGenesis has adaptive pH technology to simultaneously maintain a healthy vaginal pH while supporting sperm viability. Made in a base of hydroxyethylcellulose and water-based, as recommended by our colleagues at Mayo Clinic it is also the first of its kind fertility lubricant to be made without parabens or petrochemicals and is isotonic - meaning it is safe for vaginal tissue as well.
Why isn't the pH of BioGenesis 7? Isn't that what supports sperm motility?
- While a pH is 7 is good for sperm motility, it can cause other problems in the vaginal area. Raising vaginal pH above optimal acidic levels of about 3.5-4.5 can cause dryness, discomfort and can allow bacteria like BV to thrive.
- So, with this in mind, the lubricant uses the buffering capability to acquire the pH of its environment. That means it can acquire the pH of the sperm as needed, but not raise a woman's vaginal pH in the long term.
Does Biogenesis™ Fertility Lubricant have to be applied internally, or can I apply it topically, or externally?
- There is no harm in applying it topically, however, it becomes much less effective when applied externally. The product is most likely to support conception when it is applied as close to the cervis as possible, i.e. using the internal applicator immediately before intimacy.
- If you are trying to get pregnant, we strongly advise an internal application.